Recipe & Photo Credit: Eating on a Dime
1 1/2 cups plain flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for muffin tops
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/3 – 1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400º F
2. In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Use a measuring cup that holds at least 1 cup and add vegetable oil, egg and then fill the cup to the 1-cup line with milk (about 1/3 to a 1/2 cup of milk).
4. Add vanilla and whisk until combined.
5. Add milk mixture to the bowl with flour and sugar then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be pretty thick).
6. Add blueberries and use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
7. Divide the batter between the muffin cups filling about ½ full.
8. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes.