Recipe & Photo Credit: Joyful Healthy Eats
1 banana, mashed
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 flax eggs, 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed + 6 tablespoons of water
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
2 cups white whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. To a large bowl add mashed banana, maple syrup, flax eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Using a spatula mix together.
2. Add dry ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine everything.
3. Gently fold in the blueberries to the batter.
4. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
5. Spray skillet with cooking or rub down with coconut oil.
6. Pour about 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot skillet and spread it flat (the batter is pretty thick). Cook until you see little bubbles on top and the edges starting to firm up, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the pancakes are cooked through.
7. Serve with maple syrup on top.