Recipe & Photo Credit: DonnaHay
- 1KG Butternut Pumpkin (Squash), Peeled and Chopped
- 4 Fresh Chorizo, cases removed and torn
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
- 100G Kale, stems removed and leaves torn
- 150G Soft Goat’s Cheese, Crumbed
- ⅓ Cup (95G) Store-Bought Caramelised Onion Relish
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Cup (250ML) Single (Pouring) Cream
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the pumpkin and chorizo in a 30cm heavy-based shallow pan or baking dish, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Cook for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is light golden and just tender. Remove the pan from the oven and reduce oven temperature to 200°C (400°F).
3. Add the kale, goat’s cheese and caramelised onion to the pan and mix gently. Place the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetable mixture and cook for 30–40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serves 4–6.