Recipe & Photo Credit: Donna Hay
1 Cup (200g) Quinoa
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
200g Speck or Flat Pancetta, Thickly Sliced
1 Brown Onion, Peeled and Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
800g Sweet Potato (Kumara), Peeled and Chopped
1 Teaspoon Dried Chilli Flakes
1.5 Litres (6 Cups) Chicken Stock
2 Cups Baby Spinach Leaves
Coriander (Cilantro) Leaves, to serve
1. Soak the quinoa in 1½ cups (375ml) water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the speck and cook for 4 minutes or until golden. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes or until softened.
3. Add the sweet potato, chilli and stock, increase heat to high and bring to the boil.
4. Add the quinoa and cook for 15 minutes or until sweet potato is tender and quinoa is cooked.
5. Add the spinach leaves and stir to combine.
6. Top with coriander leaves to serve. Serves 4.