Recipe & Photo Credit: Goodie Goodie Lunchbox
1 large (200g) overripe banana
1/2 cup low flavour extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
150g strawberries finely diced (will result in 1 cup of diced strawberries)
1. Preheat your oven to 180c and line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
3. In a smaller bowl mash the banana thoroughly and whisk in the egg, oil, coconut milk and vanilla bean paste until combined
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together
5. Add in the diced strawberries and stir to combine
6. Spoon generous tablespoons of the mix and with wet hands shape the dough into cookies or with two spoons shape each portion of the mixture into cookies. The mix will be quite sticky.
7. Bake the cookies for around 12 – 14 minutes or until they lightly golden and the mixture bounces back when touched lightly.