2 tablespoons olive oil
half of an onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red capsicum, diced
2 cups kale, chopped
2 teaspoons dried oregano
a tiny pinch of red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup uncooked orzo
1 400g can diced tomatoes
1–2 cups cooked chicken or chickpeas
2 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1–2 tablespoons butter (optional)
feta and dill for topping (optional)
squeeze of lemon for serving (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion. Saute for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add the garlic, capsicum, kale, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt. Saute for 5 minutes or until the kale is wilted.
4. Add the tomato paste. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the orzo, canned tomatoes, chicken or chickpeas, and broth. Bring to a simmer.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the orzo is soft.
7. Finish by stirring in butter, crumbling feta over the top, and dusting with some fresh dill, lemon juice, and freshly ground black pepper.