Recipe & Photo Credit: Australia’s Best Recipes
600 g beef mince
1 tbs sunflower oil
3 tbs Korean chilli paste
3 spring onions cut diagonally
1/2 cauliflower cut into florets
1 tsp ground coriander
1/4 red cabbage shaved
1 lemon juiced
1 tbs mirin
1 tsp honey
1/2 cup kimchi
80 g baby spinach leaves
1 tbs sesame seeds *to serve
1 spring onion *to serve *extra
1. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, when hot, add oil and swirl to coat, then add mince and press down with a spatula and leave it alone. Cook for 2 minutes until browned, then flip and brown the other side. Start to break up with a spatula and once mince is cooked through, add 2 tbs of Korean chilli paste (ssamjang paste) and ¼ cup water. Stir to combine – add a little extra water if needed. Remove from heat, stir through spring onions.
2. Process cauliflower florets in a food processor in two batches until it resembles rice for about 30 seconds. Tip onto a large tray, spread out, drizzle with a little oil, season and sprinkle with ground coriander. Season and roast in a 200C fan-forced oven for 12-15 minutes, until starting to crisp at the edges. It will be light and fluffy.
3. Shave cabbage on a mandolin on the finest setting or using a sharp knife. Place in a bowl with a squeeze of lemon and mirin and season to taste.
4. To make drizzle sauce, mix 1 tbs Korean chilli paste with 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp honey in a small bowl and mix to combine. Add a little water to loosen if necessary.
5. To serve, place cauliflower rice in each bowl, top with a pile of cabbage, some kimchi, baby spinach, mince, and top with spring onions. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.