Recipe & Photo Credit: Matt Moran for Delicious
1/3 cup (80ml) milk
300ml sour cream, at room temperature
250g unsalted butter, softened
11/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
3 cups (450g) self-raising flour, sifted
2 mangoes, finely chopped
PASSIONFRUIT AND LEMON ICING
3 cups (360g) pure icing sugar, sifted
1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
2 passionfruit, pulp removed
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 22cm round cake pan with baking paper.
2. Combine the milk and sour cream in a bowl. Using a stand mixer, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until thick and pale. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Fold in spoonfuls of flour, alternating with the sour cream mixture, until just combined. Be careful not to over beat. Fold through chopped mango.
4. Spoon the cake batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a spoon. Bake, covering with baking paper after 1 hour, for 1 hour 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. Cool cake in the pan for 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6. For the icing, whisk the sugar and lemon juice until smooth, then fold through the passionfruit pulp.
7. Drizzle cake with the icing to serve.